Terms of Ordering
Welcome to Vintage Trims.com We spend a great deal of time getting good pictures and writing a good description so you can feel comfortable ordering from us. We've been doing this for 35 years so we're pretty good at it. But we do have a few things to keep in mind.
All orders are subject to acceptance. We try to keep our inventories posted on-line. Because all our products are closeouts, they can come and go quickly. We seldom, if ever, get products "back in stock". We add new products every day.
- It is possible that we make a mistake entering products, quantities or prices and reserve the right to correct them should we make an error. This seldom happens but we reserve the right to accept orders and correct our websites if necessary.
- We will let you know if we cannot fill your order for whatever reason. Sometimes there is another color that we can substitute with your advance permission. If there is a problem with your order for any reason, we'll let you know immediately. We put as accurate yardage we can in the available. However, customers should know on partial cards we estimate and only measure when you order. If you need within 10% of the listed yardage, we urge you to inquire.
- We don't guarantee delivery dates or ship times. We try to ship orders immediately. Some days are light order days and some days are heavy order days where not every order can ship out. Because of this and because we cannot guarantee time in transit, we do not guarantee delivery dates. We understand you are probably ordering because you have an need for the item, but delivery times we cannot control.
- We pick the shipping company. Because we offer a simple $3.85 Flat Rate Shipping on orders under $35, we get to choose how we ship the items you buy. Obviously we choose the most economical way. If you want a faster shipping method or guaranteed delivery date it is at your total and complete expense. We will let you know in advance what this expense would be, but it is totally upon you.
- Most of our customers have been with us for years, even decades. We would value you as a customer.
- We own everything on our websites. We are not "drop shippers". All items are in stock, in our warehouses in Fergus Falls, Minnesota USA. We take great pride on keeping items in stock, representing them properly online and shipping promptly. We value every customer. You'll like us too.
- We offer FREE FREIGHT on orders over $35.00 and $3.85 Flat Rate Shipping on orders under $35.00. Free Freight policies on orders extends only to the contiguous 48 United States. We can ship to other states or countries, but freight costs are 100% on the buyer. In fact we often ship overseas mostly by USPS.
- Minimums. We no longer have an order "minimum" in that we'll gladly take every order however we do have a minimum $2.00 cut per item. So if an item is $0.25 per yard you need to buy 8 yards or $2.00 worth. We just won't process items with less than the $2.00 minimum cut.
- RETURNS: Our return policy is unchanged for the past 35 years.
- Cut yardage may NOT be returned for any reason. Only full rolls may be returned. If you cut even a small amount off the roll, it can NOT be returned.
- Customer must pay return freight at their expense.
- Trims must be unsued and returned in the same condition as it was sent out.
- There is a 25% restocking fee on all returns.
- Send to: VintageTrims.com, attn: Returns, 417 W. Stanton, Fergus Falls, Mn 56537
- Be sure to include a copy of the invoice for proper credit or refund.
10. Some of our trims are more than 50 or 60 years old and definitely "vintage". Most of the trims are in perfect condition as in "new, old stock". Occasionally trims are "noted as to condition" which will tell additional condition information that buyers should take note of. We've starting rating inventory on a "5 to 0 scale", with 5 being new, perfect condition. Check our "condition" button for more information.
We have many people who have bought from us for decades, who understand that 5 or 6 decade-old fabric may have a slight imperfection, but are better constructed than today's manufactured product. We have many trims from the 1950s and 1960s. Once you buy from us, you'll understand the unique nature of our fabric trims and they are unlike any other. We went out of the way to find warehouses and businesses that are going out of business that have trims that are old and unique. We love offering trims you simply cannot find anywhere else and offer them at a very fair price. once you try us, you'll understand what we are talking about.
10. We occasionally take a few inches off the top of a roll to photograph a sample for the web. The put-ups and rolls are usually slightly longer than stated so we consider the order complete if it's within a foot of the stated roll length. Occasionally there is a splice which occurs during manufacturing which we have no control of. We don't guarantee "no splices" but they are rare.
11. Our employees are prohibited from "guessing" as to the type of material. If it is stated on the roll or card, we include it in the description. Frequently trims are a blend of materials so unless it is stated we cannot guess. It's important to us that we factually report everything we know about the individual trims.